Excited about our new site :3 12:27 AM Oct 31st
Any use of the Directory Service by Site Users is not intended to, and will not create, an attorney-client relationship between any such Site Users and Web Semantics. Without limiting the foregoing, any information submitted to Web Semantics and/or any electronic or other communication sent to Web Semantics will not create, or be covered by, an attorney-client relationship between Site Users and Web Semantics.
Where you register to access any of the Web Semantics Offerings, we use the personal information that you make available to personalize your experience with the Site, facilitate the provision of the applicable Web Semantics Offerings to you and for verification purposes. You also agree that we may contact you at any time, via e-mail or other means: (a) with updates and/or any other information that we may deem appropriate for you to receive in connection with your continued use of the Web Semantics Offerings; and (b) with information regarding third party products, services, offers and/or promotions that we think might be of interest to you. If you wish to stop receiving future communications from us, please see the Opt-Out/Unsubscribe section below.
By registering on the Site, you agree that such act constitutes an inquiry and/or application for purposes of the Amended Telemarketing Sales Rule (16 CFR §310 et seq.), as amended from time to time (the "Rule") and applicable state do-not-call regulations. In addition, where you provide "prior express written consent" within the meaning of the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (47 USC § 227), and its implementing regulations adopted by the Federal Communications Commission (47 CFR § 64.1200), as amended from time-to-time ("TCPA"), you consent to receive telephone calls, including artificial voice and pre-recorded messages and/or calls delivered via automated technology, to the telephone number(s) that you provided. Please note that you are not required to provide this consent in order to receive access to the Web Semantics Offerings, and your consent simply allows Web Semantics to contact you via these means. Notwithstanding that your telephone number may be listed on the Federal Trade Commission’s Do-Not-Call List, and/or on applicable state do-not-call lists, Web Semantics retains the right to contact you via telemarketing (where you supply your telephone number to us) in accordance with the TCPA, Rule and applicable state do-not-call regulations as set forth in this paragraph.
We may also employ other companies and individuals to perform certain functions on our behalf. Examples include sending direct and electronic mail, removing duplicate information from user lists, analyzing data and providing marketing analysis. The agents performing these limited functions on our behalf shall have access to our users’ personal information as needed to perform their functions for us but we do not permit them to use your personal information for other purposes.
We will also use your personal information for customer service, to provide you with information that you may request, to customize your experience on the Site and/or to contact you when necessary in connection with transactions entered into by you on the Site. We may also use your personal information for internal business purposes, such as analyzing and managing our business. We may also combine the information we have gathered about you with information from other sources.
3. Non-Personal Information Collection and Use. We may collect certain non-personally identifiable information about you when you visit many of the pages of the Site.
IP Addresses/Browser Type. This non-personally identifiable information includes, without limitation, the type of browser that you use (e.g., Internet Explorer, Chrome, Safari), your IP address, the type of operating system that you use (e.g., Windows or Mac OS) and the domain name of your Internet service provider (e.g., Verizon, AT&T). We use the non-personally identifiable information that we collect to improve the design and content of the Web Semantics Offerings and to enable us to personalize your Internet experience. We also may use this information in the aggregate to analyze Web Semantics Offerings usage, as well as to offer you products and services.
4. Behavioral Tracking/Do Not Track. As a general rule, other than as set forth below, neither Web Semantics, nor any third parties, track the activity of Site Users in connection with the Site. However, when an Advertiser is logged into its account, we track changes in such Advertiser’s status and updates to its profile. We may use this activity data to target those Advertisers with more specific marketing messages. In addition, when an Advertiser opens or clicks on links in email marketing messages from us, we record that information and may use it to refine subsequent marketing messages. This tracking will usually occur even where the applicable Advertiser has selected the "do-not-track" option on its Internet browser. We use Google Analytics on the Site, as well as a conversion rate optimization platform called Visual Website Optimizer. These platforms do not record personal information of Site Users, but aggregate information and activity only.
5. Other Websites. The Site may contain links to third-party owned and/or operated websites including, without limitation, websites owned and/or operated by our Third Party Service Providers. Web Semantics is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites. In some cases, you may be able to make a purchase through one of their third-party websites. In these instances, you may be required to provide certain information, such as a credit card number, to register or complete a transaction at such website. These third-party websites have separate privacy and data collection practices and Web Semantics has no responsibility or liability relating to them.
6. Security. We endeavor to safeguard and protect our users’ personal information. When users make personal information available to us, their personal information is protected both online and offline (to the extent that we maintain any personal information offline). The privacy of your personal information is very important to us.When our registration process asks users to submit Sensitive Information (such as credit card information), and when we transmit such Sensitive Information, that Sensitive Information is encrypted and is protected with SSL encryption software. Access to your personal information is strictly limited, and we take reasonable measures to ensure that your personal information is not accessible to the public. The servers that we store personal information on are kept in a secure physical environment. We also have security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of personal information under our control. Please be advised, however, that while we take every reasonable precaution available to protect your data, no storage facility, technology, software, security protocols or data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Computer hackers that circumvent our security measures may gain access to certain portions of your personal information, and technological bugs, errors and glitches may cause inadvertent disclosures of your personal information; provided, however, that any attempt to breach the security of the network, our servers, databases or other hardware or software may constitute a crime punishable by law. For the reasons mentioned above, we cannot warrant that your personal information will be absolutely secure. Any transmission of data at or through the Site is at your own risk. All of our users’ personal information is restricted in our offices. Only employees or third party agents who need personal information to perform a specific job are granted access to personal information. Our employees are dedicated to ensuring the security and privacy of all user personal information. Employees not adhering to our firm policies are subject to disciplinary action. In compliance with applicable federal and state laws, we shall notify you and any applicable regulatory agencies in the event that we learn of an information security breach with respect to your personal information. You will be notified via e-mail in the event of such a breach. Please be advised that notice may be delayed in order to address the needs of law enforcement, determine the scope of network damage, and to engage in remedial measures.
7. Minors. Visitors under eighteen (18) years of age are not permitted to use and/or submit their personal information at the Site. Web Semantics does not knowingly solicit or collect information from visitors under eighteen (18) years of age. Web Semantics encourages parents and guardians to spend time online with their children and to participate and monitor the interactive activities of their children.
8. Opt-Out/Unsubscribe. To opt-out of receiving e-mail advertising, SMS text-based marketing (where and to the extent permitted by applicable law), telemarketing and direct mail marketing from us, you can follow the instructions at the end of the applicable marketing message or email us at email@example.com. Notwithstanding the foregoing, we may continue to contact you for the purpose of communicating information relating to your use of the Web Semantics Offerings and to respond to any inquiry or request made by you. To opt-out of receiving Web Semantics Offerings-related and inquiry response-related messages from Web Semantics, you must cease utilizing the Web Semantics Offerings and submitting inquiries to Web Semantics, as applicable.
9. Deleting and Updating Your Information. At your request, we will inform you of what personal information we have on file for you. In addition, at your request, we will remove and/or modify the personal information that you have provided to us, or that we have collected. You may do so by contacting us via email firstname.lastname@example.org provided, however, that we ask individuals to identify themselves and the information requested to be accessed, corrected or removed before processing such requests, and we may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup tapes).
Please be advised that deleting your personal information will terminate your access to some or all of the Web Semantics Offerings. If you wish to continue using the Web Semantics Offerings, you may not delete the personal information that we have on file for you.
Please be further advised that, after you delete your personal information, residual copies may take a period of time before they are deleted from our active servers and may remain in our backup systems.
Further, if you are a resident of the State of Washington and would like to opt-out from the disclosure of your personal information to any third party for marketing purposes, please contact us at: via email at email@example.com. Please be advised that where Washington State residents opt-out from permitting their personal information to be shared, such individuals may still receive selected offers directly from us, in accordance with applicable law.